11 AUGUST 2009 NCUC Monthly Constituency Meeting
Scheduled for: Tuesday 11 August 2009 from 15:00 – 17:00 UTC
To be held via Elluminate online meeting software. Follow this link.
Need volunteers to take running notes of meeting discussion please.
Other Time Zones:
08:00 – 10:00 – California
11:00 – 13:00 – New York
12:00 – 14:00 – Sao Paulo
15:00 – 17:00 – UTC / Greenwich
16:00 -18:00 – London
17:00 – 19:00 – Geneva / Tunis
18:00 – 20:00 – Alexandria / Nairobi
19:30 – 21:30 – Tehran
22:00 – 24:00 – Phnom Pehn
23:00 – 01:00 – Singapore / Hong Kong
Draft Discussion Agenda
I. Constituency Business
1. Membership Growth and Continued Membership Drive
NCUC’s membership has reached 137 members from 48 different countries, including 72 noncommercial organizations and 65 individuals. This represents a 205% increase in membership since 2008.
2. Join NING Website for NCUC policy development
3. Join an NCUC Committee or GNSO Working Group
4. Next NCUC Monthly Meeting: 22 September 2009 . .One Web Day.
5. Planning for next ICANN Meeting in Seoul, Korea 25 . 30 October 2009
a. Outreach to local noncommercial groups
b. Consider policy presentation / panel
c. Meeting with ICANN Board in person
d. Local press media outreach
6. Tragedy of the Non-Commercial Stakeholder Group (NCSG) Petition and How to Respond
Reject ICANN drafted charter? Ask for reconsideration of board decision?
II. Substantive GNSO Policy Issues
1. GNSO Structuring
Proposed amended GNSO Bylaws Related to GNSO Restructuring
Comment Period ends 24 August
2. New gtlds policy . Draft Applicant Guidebook
a. IRT Report response discussion
3. .Vertical Integration. Issue & Registrar.Registry Separation
4. Registrant Rights Charter Working Group – We need volunteers
5. Modification of UDRP Rules
WIPO Proposal & Comment Period Ends 12 August
6. Registration Abuse Working Group . We need volunteers
7. Institutional Confidence (Or Lack Thereof)
Proposed Bylaw changes to improve accountability – Comment Period ends 25 Sept.
8. Geographic Regions Initial Report Comment Period ends 4 Sept.
9. Update on other GNSO teams (Fast Flux, Post-Expiration Domain Names, whois, IDNs, RAA)
10. Any Other Business?
To Join Meeting: Attendee(s) may join by clicking the following link (will be active one hour before start of meeting).
Meeting Password: This is an open meeting. Attendee(s) don’t require a password to join.
Software Details: This meeting will be held using Elluminate software. Elluminate is supported by Windows, Mac, Linux and Solaris clients. For more information go to http://www.elluminate.com/accessibility. In addition, all clients require the latest version of Java. For more information, and to test your machine prior to the meeting, go to http://www.elluminate.com/support