William Drake (chair)
2. Updates & Overview of 1st Quarter Work & Annual Cycle Of particular note, Q1 will be fairly focused on preparations for the Singapore ICANN meeting and the Sao Paulo Internet governance meeting, as well as updates to the NCUC website and related organizational infrastructure. In Q2 we hope to revise the bylaws for submission to the ICANN Board. In Q3 NCUC will presumably participate in the global IGF, in Q4 we’ll prepare for elections, and support for NCUC participation in NCSG/GSNO work will run throughout.3. EC Internal
a. Working Methods
The EC primarily will work online and through rough consensus, with meetings and votes only as needed.
4. External Engagementsa. AppointmentsThe EC unanimously made the following appointments, with immediate effect:
- NCUC Rep. to the Public Interest Registry: Carlos Affonso Souza
- NCUC Rep. to the ICANN Nominating Committee: Brenden Kuerbis
- NCUC Reps. to the NCSG Executive Committee: Robin Gross and Milton Mueller
- NCUC Reps. to the NCSG Policy Committee: Stephanie Perrin and Marilia Maciel
- NCUC Reps. to the GNSO’s Standing Committee on Improvements: Amr Elsadr and David Cake
b. NCSG, CCWG, 1NetThe importance of engagement with NCSG and other groupings was highlighted. Pranesh volunteered to help represent NCUC on the Cross-Community Working Group on IG, as had Stephanie earlier.5. Singapore Meeting
The meeting’s importance for NCUC and ICANN was highlighted.
b. Retreat + EC Meeting
Overview of ICANN’s budgetary and logistical support for the NCUC conference to be held in Singapore on 21 March. Invitations to participate have been sent to the Board of Directors, the GAC, the CCWG, and the SO-AC leaders list.
5. Any Other Business